Hostess/Cashier - Restaurant, Sherman Oaks - Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
A Bloomingdale's Hostess/Cashier Professional is an essential part of the customer experience and delivers on our mission to be like no other store in the world, by serving a customer who stopped in for our world famous frozen yogurt or seating a customer who is meeting a friend for a sit down meal. We rely on our restaurant team to deliver an exciting experience through stellar service, knowledge of menu selections and awareness of store events. At Bloomingdale's, our restaurants offer style in the form of creative culinary dishes and a staff that ensures a dining experience like no other.
* Greet guests with eagerness in a courteous manner and let them know the wait times
* Accommodate guests when needed
* Knowledgeable and proficient with register
Qualifications and Competencies:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* 1-2 years related experience
* Ability to communicate effectively, presenting information in a clear and concise manner
* Enjoys interacting with customers
* Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* ·Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
* Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
* Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.