Bartender All Shifts
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open interviews conducted daily - Walk-ins Welcome
We are always looking for great talent to join our team! At BJ's Restaurants & Brewhouse CRAFT Matters.
Our extensive menu includes BJ's signature deep dish pizza, salads, steaks, ribs, generous pasta dishes, and our famous Pizookie® dessert. And of course, everything tastes better with BJ's own handcrafted beer!
The safety of our team and guests is our top priority. We are complying with all CDC recommendations and Covid-19 guidelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
* Diverse Culture
* Team Member Dining Discounts
* Comprehensive benefits* - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401 K
* Vacation - paid time off*
* Career Advancement Opportunities
Benefits and vacation eligibility based on number of hours worked. Part-time Team Members must meet minimum average of 30+ hours per week.
NOW HIRING - Bartenders
Bartenders are responsible for providing hospitable service to Guests while making and serving Gold Standard beverages. They will prepare and serve cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for Guests or service staff. The Bartender is thoroughly knowledgeable in all aspects of BJ's handcrafted beverages, wine list, specialty drinks and prices to be able to make recommendations to enhance the Guests' experience.
Duties include but not limited to:
* Perform station opening /closing duties each shift.
* Perform daily pour testing with manager to ensure proper pouring technique.
* Greet bar guests within 30 seconds of Guest sitting.
* Take beverage orders from Guests while making drinks for all service staff and is knowledgeable in bar recipes, preparing cocktails and other drinks, serving wine, draft and bottled beer.
* Make recommendations to Guests based on a thorough knowledge of BJ's beer, wine, food and beverage offerings.
* Speak to guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks and service.
* Present bills, accept payments, operates POS system, upholding strict cash handling procedures and accountability for all transactions.
* Able to respond to guest complaints.
* Check identification of guests in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
* Clean bars, work areas, bar equipment, remove dishes and glasses from bar and take to dish area for cleaning.
* Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Management staff.
* Must be 21 years of age or over
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
* Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of principles for dealing directly with the public
* Able to handle cash, give change and balance cash drawer at the end of shift
* Physical demands of the job include but are not limited to:
* Standing and walking during entire 8-hour shift
* Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours and carries supplies
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds in weight on a semi regular basis
This job description is not designed to cover all duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Click APPLY to complete the application and view a full job description.
We are an e-verify and equal opportunity employer.