Regional Business Manager - Pacific Northwest
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what's missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
The Regional Business Manager plays a primary role in generating new product sales and managing business relationships with existing and new customers helping to further the adoption of the Bionano technology.
This role is located in Pacific Northwest
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Developing and executing Bionano's sales strategy in order to meet or exceed revenue and instrument placements goals within the defined region
* Effectively and accurately prospecting and generating new customer leads
* Delivering technical / scientific seminars and presentations on Bionano's products, including their capabilities and application usage
* Representing the company at national, regional and local trade shows/conferences including events / seminars
* Providing timely and accurate product sales forecast
* Providing market and user related information to Marketing and assisting in developing key sales tools
* Engaging in accurate utilization and maintenance of the Company's customer database (CRM)
* Significant technical/laboratory experience in the genetics field or 3+ years of sales experience in Life Science capital equipment or services sales
* Well-developed professional and/or strategic sales skills with demonstrated ability to conduct complex application focused conversations.
* A strong command of scientific knowledge in order to engage in a collaborative sales process, presentations and seminars
* Proven track record with winning business and establish long term customer relationships
* Ability to travel and work independently or remotely
* Proven ability to get things done through people
Education and Experience Requirements:
* BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences or PhD
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.