Research Associate I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Research Associate I
Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients' lives.
Research associate I
The mission of Biology Research is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. We help provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics.
The research associate will closely with a team of scientists from Biology Research to provide technical support. He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform biochemical and molecular assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
* Provide technical and analytical support to measure drugs, antibodies, pharmacodynamics endpoints and biomarkers in biological matrices from preclinical projects.
* Tasks including but not limited to extracting DNA, RNA and protein from cells and tissues samples; performing assays such as ELISA, RT-PCR, ddPCR, Southern blotting and Western blotting.
* Assist in the sequencing data analysis (RNA-seq and ATAC-seq).
* Maintain and expand mammalian cell culture.
* Record and notebook keeping.
* Assist in the development of publications, abstracts, and presentations.
* Experience with handling animal tissues will be required.
* Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, laser captured microdissection, ddPCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
* Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
* Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures.
* ability to think critically; demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
Applicants should have a BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics.
Location San Rafael, CA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.