PC Support Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Add to favorites Favorited View favorites
Bio-Rad is loking for a PC Support Technician.
* Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 10 (SCCM Image), Mac OS (including 10.14 Mojave), Microsoft M365, and other authorized desktop/laptop applications.
* Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and other authorized peripheral equipment including meeting room video conferencing equipment.
* Manage & support mobile devices including RF Devices, iPads, and iPhones.
* Manage user incidents and service requests using enterprise-level ticket management system.
* Asset Management of PCs using industry standard inventory tools (ServiceNow).
* Troubleshoot desktop computer connections to diverse systems including SaaS web portals; file, application, and database servers; and administrative systems.
* Apply basic networking principles and TCP/IP troubleshooting to identify network-related problems and coordinate with IT Network teams to resolve connectivity issues in a LAN/WAN environment.
* Be the local 'hands and eyes' for remote support teams during incidents and changes with local site infrastructure.
* Interface with Service Desk to quickly respond to reported local site support incidents as well as provide remote support to users working from home.
* Multi-task several deliverables at once to limit downtime; maximize case closure rate to reduce case duration.
* Triage user incidents according to severity and impact to user productivity and be comfortable interacting with senior management VIP's.
* Follow company procedures for desktop standards and enforce guidelines with userbase.
* Draft IT documentation for Desktop procedures that users and Service Desk can understand.
* Develop technical knowledge of company systems and learn specialized knowledge of responsible areas.
* Be a team member focused on team success. Share knowledge with Deskside team members and offer assistance whenever possible.
* 2+ years supporting users in an enterprise level network environment using Microsoft Windows 10 operating system; experience supporting users in a technology driven industry is a priority advantage.
* 2+ years supporting Mac OS operating systems and MacBook laptop hardware at an enterprise level. Technical support for Mac business users connecting to Windows-based file servers and SaaS web portals.
* 2+ years using PC systems administration tools (ie Microsoft Active Directory and SCCM) to manage inventory of 200+ nodes; working as part of PC support team supporting larger user base is an advantage.
* 2+ years supporting Microsoft Office/M365 and MS Teams for users' main productivity tools.
* 1+ years using a service ticket management tool (ie Service Now) to monitor and prioritize user incidents and requests.
* 1+ years working with Virtual PC tools (Parallels, Virtual Box).
* Sound understanding of IT Service Management and related processes.
* Ability to employ PC support tools such as remote control, packet capture, and TCP/IP utilities.
* Ability to navigate Microsoft Windows Servers Operating Systems - Windows Server 2012/2016.
* Routers, Switches and Firewall troubleshooting experience is a bonus.
* Desktop Support Technician Certification an advantage.
* Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds and move under office furniture to access data and electrical receptacles; must be able to type minimum 35 words per minute.
* Customer Service oriented and attention to detail to ensure end users' request or incident is resolved accurately and promptly.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.