Psych NP Consultant - FQHC
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
DIVISION: Behavioral Health/ Medical Services
STATUS: Consultant/ Non Exempt
Via Care Community Health Center
Organization Mission Statement
Via Care Community Health Center is a compassionate community of care dedicated to healing children, strengthening families, and transforming communities.
This position is responsible for providing psychotherapy and medication evaluation and management to a range of clients having mental illness, mental retardation and substance abuse disorders under the supervision of consulting psychiatrist(s). The position also provides evaluation, treatment planning and discharge planning services for consumers in psychiatric facilities and those being diverted from state, county, and city institutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response to new and existing clients. Develops individual service plans based upon assessment data, and provides therapeutic interventions as necessary including the provision of on-going medication management services.
2. Provides consultation and health education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it is relative to the treatment and medication needs of agency consumers.
3. Provides special assessments of consumers awaiting discharge from state facilities, participates in discharge planning with other agency and facility staff, and assists in diversion of persons from state facility placements through agency residential programs.
4. Maintains documentation of services including service plans, progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with agency and third party compliance standards.
5. Receives medical supervision from psychiatric consultants consistent with applicable Protocol for Provision of Family Nurse Practitioner Services.
6. Completes other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor that are consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job successfully. Extensive knowledge of: the etiology of serious mental illness, mental retardation, developmental, and substance abuse disorders and their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and medical evaluation, physical diseases and their treatment; community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric and medical emergency stabilization.
Education/ Experience / Skills
* Required Valid State of California Medical License (PA/NP);
* Valid DEA License;
* Valid Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance; and
* Required: English / Spanish Bilingual.
* Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed);
* Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment;
* Valid California Driver License;
* Must have and maintain State required automobile insurance coverage; and
* TB clearance, to be renewed every year, and proof of MMR and TDAP vaccinations and current Influenza Vaccination COVID Vaccine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following lists physical demands an employee will perform on a regular basis: sitting, viewing a computer monitor, typing/keyboarding, reading, handwriting, talking and hearing, walking, standing, talking on the phone, and driving (vehicle). Approximately 50% of time is spent sitting, while frequently required to walk, stand and bend. Must be able to talk and hear well. Good vision is imperative.
The following lists physical demands an employee may perform on an occasional basis: lifting an average weight of 20 lbs., crouch/knee/stoop/crawl and reach with hands and arms.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time.