eCW Clinical Trainer Super User
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: eCW Clinical Trainer Super User
DIVISION: Via Care Community Health Center (VCCHC)
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Operations Officer
STATUS: Salary/Full Time - Exempt
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a successful training program in the use of eClinicalWorks electronic health record (EHR) system. As an eCW Clinical Training Specialist, this individual will be instrumental in developing and providing new employee training and on-going training programs for all levels of clinical and non-clinical employees to ensure that users are optimizing system functionality. A primary purpose of this position is to ensure that users are trained to provide excellent clinical care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Serve as eCW Training Specialist and develop/provide ongoing training to existing clinical and nonclinical support staff members.
* Develop, maintain and update all training materials/videos/manuals/workflows for eCW training classes/modules.
* Develop and conduct classroom-style training for new clinical users including providers, nursing, and support staff for eCW desktop and eClinicalTouch applications.
* Develop and conduct one-on-one training sessions to refresh knowledge as needs are identified or when requested.
* Conduct observations of users in their work environment to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of VCCHC standard configurations and clinic/provider specific templates and customization.
* Develop and provide on-site training and issue resolution support at VCCHC clinics and at other provider facilities when requested.
* Coordinate user/vendor interface support and training for new EHR module implementations.
* Assist in implementing new eCW modules such as HEDIS Analytics, PCMH, Patient Satisfaction Surveys, and Patient Portal, Kiosk.
* Assist providers and clinics staff for template and order set system modifications and enhancements.
* Develop and maintain a standard set of master templates for providers and other clinical staff.
* Conduct quarterly reviews of eCW templates to minimize duplications and simplify access and use by providers.
* Develop and maintain a knowledge base to document specific training needs and concerns related to the applications.
* Coordinate with eCW superusers to stay up-to-date with EHR upgrades and train staff on new versions.
* Build network of EHR super-users and trainers to create learning collaborations.
* Create and run HEDIS, UDS, Meaningful Use, and Operational Performance reports though eCW.
* Assist QA/QI team achieve performance goals though eCW mapping and standardized structured eCW data entry.
* Assist with the yearly UDS and OSHPD Reports data gathering and validation
* Serve as point person for eBO reports and data eCW reports to support other departments.
* Other special projects as assigned
* Attend and lead eCW trainings and meetings as needed.
* Arrange at least quarterly staff meetings to educate and train staff and to improve eCW workflow efficiencies.
* Provide staff training that was developed or arranged by the corporation.
* Seeks opportunity to collaborate with other agencies in promoting eCW best practice workflows.
* Attend eCW superuser group meetings
* eCW annual General/Health Center Conference.
* Other duties as assigned by the CEO, CMO, COO.
* Proof of eCW super user training
* At least 2 years of eCW experience.
* Medical Assistant Diploma or other clinical experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must have prior primary care clinical experience.
* Customer service oriented and driven.
* Experience with eCW system customization
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
* Ability to demonstrate management skills.
* Responsive and action oriented.
* Able to multitask.
* Able to work flexible hours including weekends.
* Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed);
* Valid California Driver License;
* State required automobile insurance coverage;
* Must have and maintain a clear criminal background, which involves fingerprinting (live scan); and
* TB clearance, to be renewed every year.
* Physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 25-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. The ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time is required.
* Flexibility to work in multiple locations throughout the week.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel to all VCCHC facilities as needed.