Corporate Counsel, SEC & Corporate Governance
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can't you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate-and Beyond.
Reporting to BYND's Chief Legal Officer, the Chief Legal Officer will be responsible for providing advice and guidance for corporate, capital markets, securities, SEC and NASDAQ reporting and compliance, and corporate governance matters, and will support the legal team in other areas including transactions, operations, and commercial matters. The Corporate Counsel will provide daily cross functional support to, and work collaboratively with, team members throughout the organization, including Finance, Operations, and HR.
* Manage SEC reporting and compliance, including drafting and review of all periodic reports, news releases and investor presentations, and support SOX implementation.
* Advise internal clients on Section 16, attendant reporting obligations and Company's insider trading policy.
* Provide advice, make recommendations and develop policies and procedures relating to disclosure obligations and corporate compliance for NASDAQ-listed company.
* Provide corporate governance support, including preparing corporate resolutions and agendas, and assisting in preparation of meeting materials.
* Support the Company's equity and other compensation programs.
* Manage complex commercial transactions, including drafting agreements, coordinating diligence matters, and assisting with post-closing matters.
* Facilitate capital markets and financing activities.
* Draft, review, negotiate and execute commercial and other agreements, including licenses, NDA/confidentiality, and employment agreements.
* Support Compliance Officer, including policy creation and implementation of training programs.
* Contribute to coordination of activities of outside counsel, preparation of budgets and ongoing monitoring of costs.
* Provide training and guidance and offer general legal day-to-day support to the Company as needed.
* 8+ years of corporate experience at a nationally recognized law firm (together with inhouse experience a plus).
* Detailed understanding of SEC and NASDAQ disclosure and reporting requirements and corporate governance matters.
* Proven ability to manage complex commercial matters, transactions and projects.
* Experience in corporate, commercial, mergers and acquisitions, finance, and corporate governance matters.
* Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational and time-management skills.
* Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; provide practical advice.
* Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
* Willing and able to effectively and efficiently manage numerous high-priority matters simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and work extended hours when needed.
* Self-starter, 'roll up your sleeves' and 'no matter is too small' mentality.
* Collaborative, highly-motivated, pro-active team player with a desire to learn and expand skill set in a result-oriented environment.
* Excellent legal, business analytical, drafting, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
* Admission in good standing to the California State Bar or eligibility for registration as inhouse counsel.
* Executive compensation and international experience a plus.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.