Employment Type: Full-Time
The Warehouse Maintenance Mechanic III is responsible for maintaining distribution center mechanical equipment as well as internal and external facilities through workorder repairs, preventive maintenance, regular cleaning and safety inspection. They provide work direction, leadership and training for the Warehouse Maintenance Mechanic II. Responsibilities include maintaining the inventory of the mechanical and maintenance supplies, operating equipment in a safe manner, maintaining a safe and clean working area and ensuring that the location is functioning within company and OSHA standards.
* Performs mechanical and electrical maintenance on all distribution center equipment (i.e. powered vehicles, carton and UPC label scanners, conveyor and sortation systems, building HVAC systems, dock levelers, storage racks, batteries, chargers, etc.).
* Receives work from work orders, assignment or personal observation.
* Troubleshoots to identify problems and diagnose equipment breakdown.
* Performs all work associated with the layout and installation of minor alterations to facilities such as hanging doors, windows, partitions, etc.
* Leads and trains employees.
* Provides technical advice to other maintenance mechanics.
* Delegates and assigns work to Maintenance Mechanic II.
* Assists in the development of policies and procedures relating to facility and equipment maintenance
* Identifies safety concerns.
* Assists in developing equipment maintenance programs.
* Performs all duties related to computerized maintenance management systems that involve updating or records.
* Able to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
* Able to individually lift and maneuver 35 lbs frequently and repetitively (up to a maximum of 75 lbs; with or without reasonable accommodation).
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Experience in Mechanical maintenance (e.g. carpentry, electrical, plumbing experience, motorized conveyor)
* 2 years of job related experience and/or equivalent amount of education and experience
* Forklift certification