Manager, IT PMO
Employment Type: Full-Time
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
BeiGene is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative drug therapies for the treatment of cancer.
The IT PMO Manager role will lead and support global IT PMO operations, governance, and delivery of IT initiatives in support of the BeiGene IT Project Portfolio Management (PPM) function. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT investments.
This position will actively partner with and lead high-performing project teams to drive best-in-class project and program delivery, refine the global IT project lifecycle and deploy cloud/SaaS applications in a regulated environment. The ideal candidate should bring experience and expertise planning and managing medium- to large-scale projects and programs across different functions in a global, geographically diverse environment.
Essential Functions of the job:
Project Governance and Operations
* Supports the refinement and improvement of a project governance framework, including SLC, change management, PMO standards and structure as well as standardized communication and reporting.
* Plan and perform activities to sustain and enhance PMO tools, methodology and processes as well as drive strategies for user adoption.
* Manages and supervises team members, provides tactical direction, and builds team rapport through demonstrating BeiGene's company values.
* Provide consulting and guidance on PMO governance, methodology, processes and tools to IT staff and stakeholders.
* Maintains processes, including training manuals, checklist documents, guides and templates.
* Analyzes user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes, addressing process gaps, and enabling automation and growth of the organization.
* Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Directs, motivates, and manages geographically diverse teams, tracking and management of scope, requirements, tasks, and deliverables; routine forecasting and status reporting time and cost; ensures project closure and sustainability.
* Partners effectively with IT leadership, business partners, relationship managers, project sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues, and vendors in multiple locations, and across multiple time zones.
* Provides expertise and leadership for multiple project and programs in all IT capabilities - Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure and Operations, Security and Business Intelligence - across multiple teams.
* Supports end user training sessions and workshops, training, and process documentation. Facilitates or coordinates validation and testing activities.
* Develop metrics, dashboards, and other reporting tools to drive awareness and decision-making.
Project and Program Management
* 5+ years direct experience delivering medium- to large-scale, enterprise-level projects and programs in a GxP or regulated environment and within an SDLC/SLC framework
* 5+ years direct experience deploying applications and/or systems with a focus on Manufacturing, Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, and/or Research systems in a biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device industry
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification a plus.
* Proven experience in planning and deployment of software solutions, especially cloud-based systems
* Must be highly proficient with business standard project management applications (e.g. MS Project, SmartSheet), flow chart applications (e.g. MS Visio, Lucid chart) and standard office applications (e.g., MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint).
* Bachelor's Degree (preferably life sciences, IT, data analytics or related discipline).
* Excellent people management and cross-cultural and cross-functional team leadership skills.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization (e.g. laterally across peers, and upward to Senior Management).
* Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
* Ability to lead, influence, collaborate and negotiate to achieve business strategies, drive accountability, and deliver results.
* Experience with core biotech/pharmaceutical software applications, including SAP ERP, MES, LIMS, QMS, CTMS, and other Clinical/Biometrics systems
* Experience implementing technology infrastructure, operations and security tools and initiatives.
* Ability to effectively adapt, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and agile environment through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Hands-on experience leading Organizational Change Management (OCM) efforts and developing communication and change-related content.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Highly organized, self-motivated, and directed.
* Experience in developing organizational metrics and key performance indicators.
* Ability to travel < 25%
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field/experiences
This position includes managing staff; coaching and mentoring of junior staff with training, orientation, qualification, and development plan when required.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability - Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.