Research & Development Technician I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Ongoing Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe a workplace that encourages and values different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds builds better teams, better solutions, and more innovation. The goal is for every single team member to have a voice and experience a sense of belonging here, regardless of where they sit in the organization and what their background is. We look forward to your sharing your outstanding and unique talents and perspectives with us!
* Prepare, test and compare experimental samples.
* Provide and maintain accurate data and records for raw material evaluations, new product projects and product improvement projects.
* Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of employment.
* Follow basic lab safety guidelines and regulations
* Take direction from supervisor and complete assignments in a timely manner
* Prepare samples using laboratory dispersion and blending equipment
* Conduct standard tests following Standard Test Procedures including, but not limited to, viscosity, ICI, gloss, tint strength, density, pH, and scrub tests
* Record and report test results
* Report problems associated with test equipment or test processes
* Clean and maintain test equipment, and work area
* Perform basic laboratory maintenance including, but not limited to, pourback, stocking lab supply, adhesion panel preparation, clean-up
* Alert supervisors to low levels of raw materials or supplies for projects
* Maintain regular communication with supervisor
* Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation
* 1-2 years of relevant laboratory and/or industrial experience.
* Knowledge of basic lab skills
* Knowledge of MS Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
* Knowledge of lab safety guidelines and regulations
* Ability to understand and follow defined testing methods and accurately complete test records
* Communication, filing and some computer skills are required
Shift 1 (United States of America)
BEHR (the 'Company') is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English & Spanish