Packaging Development and Sourcing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate- that's our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
Why? It's really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
We are looking for a Packaging Development & Sourcing Manager who can support Beautycounters rapid growth and product expansion. This role will focus primarily on supporting new product packaging development of skin/body/hair care and cosmetic products, while managing assigned projects with suppliers and cross-functional teams. Action towards meeting key deliverables and timelines, collaborating directly with key packaging vendors, contract manufacturers, and kit assembly partners.
In this role you will:
* New Product Launches: Engage with Marketing and Product Innovation teams to support new development and repackaging activities.
* Manages every portion of the approval process between internal and external partners, ensures alignment at every step of the design and handover process to Supply Chain.
* Leverage new and current suppliers to source new materials with a focus on meeting COGS, margin targets, quality, on-time delivery and towards company sustainability objectives.
* Support Sourcing and Buying teams in maintaining packaging vendor partnerships via second sourcing, negotiating costs, and developing safety stock programs.
* Oversee project tracking system across assigned projects between relevant departments, packaging engineer/designers, sourcing team and vendors.
* Collaborate with Product Marketing and Creative teams via weekly/periodical new packaging aesthetic review meetings and elevate risks where needed.
* Review and comprehend packaging specifications in order to perform fit/form/function testing across new products.
* Finalize and approve PPS samples/drawdowns, while maintaining physical library of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging samples.
* Establish bills of materials in collaboration with Sourcing team in preparation of RFQs, submitting purchase order requisitions for new materials with Planning team.
* Manage the assembly, standardization, and maintenance of Finished Goods specifications.
* Collaborate cross functionally with internal stakeholders (PD, R&D, Product Marketing, Supply Chain and Packaging) to develop and roll out processes to increase company efficiency.
* At least five years in a well-respected consumer goods organization with a track record of results managing projects within direct material and packaging categories.
* Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills.
* Relevant understanding of packaging manufacturing and contract manufacturing production processes.
* Experience in product development and commercialization timelines and communicating to vendors and third-party manufacturing partners.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced while possessing strong organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
* A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others.
* Bachelors Degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or related field.
* MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe Illustrator and digital software platforms for packaging artwork & design a plus.
* Proficient in relevant supply chain and business software, including MRP and ERP Systems.
At Beautycounter we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.