Senior Scientist, Product Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Beachbody Company is the leader of in-home fitness and is on the lookout for top-notch talent to reach and serve more people. We're an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a team of smart, friendly people and positive energy. We practice what we preach, providing free Shakeology (our delicious, healthy shake), onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and substantial product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy, fulfilling lives?
The Product Development Senior Scientist position will work at our technical center in El Segundo, CA and is part of the Research, Development, and Quality group supporting nutritional products at Beachbody. Position will manage a team to drive activities from innovation to commercialization and be responsible for key product development areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Driving innovation and product brand maintenance projects (cost optimization and quality/process improvement); leading prototype development, experimentation, product testing, data analysis, problem solving, nutritional/label development, documentation and reporting, scale-up and commercialization activities
* Ownership of multiple product development areas, such as formulation, optimization, and brand maintenance
* Developing team-members technical and professional skill-set through mentoring and training
* Leading technical strategy and development for new and improved products, from concept to commercialization
* Leading R&D programs updates and process changes to ensure continuous improvement
* Managing technical direction of projects- identifying key deliverables and next steps and communicating to team
* Leading key cross-functional meetings with Marketing, Business Leadership and Operations to support development initiatives
* Ensuring specifications, shelf-life, and scale up activity for new products and brand maintenance.
* Defining product design to meet consumer requirements as well as testing criteria, equipment requirements for innovation and growth
* Leading ownable product designs through the use of IP management and ensure 'Freedom to Operate' working with internal legal counsel
* Identifying and driving alignment for product improvement and innovation opportunities internally and with Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
* Other duties and projects as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from a 4-year accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology or equivalent.
* Master's Degree (MA/MS) from an accredited university in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred.
* 8 to 12 years of relevant and related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Equivalent BS degree required, with a strong preference for a higher degree.
* 8+ years of experience in R&D, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance in food and/or supplement industry
* Proven track record of successful product implementation from concept to commercialization
* Industry leading understanding of ingredient functionality, product evaluation, health and nutrition, food manufacturing processes, microbiology, quality assurance principles, and market research practices
* Ability to influence project teams and drive business strategy
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to create cross-functional teams
* Ability to rapidly and effectively respond to changes in project scope and focus
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects with overlapping timelines
* Preference for management experience
* Strong drive for results and execution ability
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral, and ability to work effectively with teams
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* 20% work-related travel time required.
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We want you to feel safe to be the Whole You - your authentic self - without concern of discrimination, retaliation, or bias. We are committed to fighting for equality, growing our diversity, and holding ourselves accountable for inclusion. Just as our employees, coaches, and partners commit to wellness and helping others, we are committed to creating a culture and community of holistic acceptance and belonging.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.