Sr. Staff System Architect/Technical Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
The QM Associate Scientist is responsible for applying basic scientific principles to routine laboratory work and for gaining experience in the application and interpretation of the department procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Work schedule is Tuesday - Friday (7AM- 5PM) / 10 hours per day
* Will perform assigned routine laboratory tasks and learn the application of Quality procedures to ensure compliance. Works with SAP enterprise system to enter laboratory data and release material. Typically involved in routine testing of products and supplier materials and/or stability testing. Implements tasks and participates on teams.
* Accurately ensures documentation compliance and process documentation. Interaction limited to areas such as Operations and other Quality groups.
* Performs assignments within the QC lab in support of assigned plant operations to ensure the highest standards are met for products. This includes testing of raw materials, work-in-progress and finished goods using a variety of testing techniques.
* Handling hazardous materials, including chemicals and infectious agents, in the accurate manner as established by safety and company policy.
* Assisting in documentation writing & revising including test methods, final product specifications, SOPs, etc. as required.
* Assist in completing tasks in project protocols, change notifications, deviation waivers and Quality Notifications with supervision.
* Working as a member of ID/AST Quality Control team to perform bench-top testing of primarily Phoenix system disposables including panels, broths, and indicators. Other testing may involve Crystal, MicroCount, and/or 'RMT' product lines. Other lab duties as assigned, including management of product retentions, streaking of microbial culture plates used in daily testing, and pH testing.
* Experience working in laboratory setting, prior experience working with general microbiology techniques preferred.
* Knowledge of the following industry regulations FDA (Food and Drug Administration), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) / QSR (Quality System Regulation), ISO (International Organization of Standardization).
* Knowledge of PC spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Work independently and as a member of a team.
* Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Microbiology or other related field REQUIRED.
* At least 1-2 years' related experience preferred.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD's Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle