Sr. Scientist I, R&D
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers
enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
* Certified to operate all automatic assembly and packaging equipment in the area(s) of responsibility.
* Responsible to produce quality products per the established standard operating procedures (SOP's) utilizing good manufacturing practices (GMP's).
* Perform machine set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting and maintenance with minimal supervision.
* Clear all machine jams, following lockout-tagout/key interrupt policy.
* Follow required inspection procedures. Obtain and verify necessary materials for manufacturing.
* Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment to diagnose the source of trouble (mechanical or electronic).
* Complete minor repair and/or coordinate non-routine repair.
* Perform troubleshooting equipment adjustments as required to meet/maintain safety, output and quality expectations.
* Assist with major repairs as requested. Make suggestions for improving product quality and equipment.
* Collaborate with supervision, engineering and other personnel on quality and performance improvements as requested.
* Maintain performance measurement documentation, including machine efficiency, volume, scrap and quality.
* Responsible to complete the requirements of TRS on a required schedule.
* Maintain preventive maintenance program.
* Production reporting.
* Thorough knowledge of quality specifications and inspection procedures.
* Ability to operate a computer, use email and SAP
Level of Education/knowledge Needed:
* High School Diploma or GED
'Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.'
Primary Work Location
USA NE - Holdrege