Sr. Scientist I, R&D
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
Shift: 12 hour rotating shift (6:00 AM - 6:00 PM). Scheduled to work 7-days in a 14-day period (2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2off, 3 on, 2 off - every other weekend is scheduled off).
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The warehouse worker is required to operate all material handling equipment such as propane and electric forklifts, stretch wrappers, electric pallet jacks and manual pallet jacks. Has working knowledge of warehouse stock locator systems, bar code system, and electronic scanners, parts and catalog, and computer systems. Moves stock and rotates materials according to FIFO for incoming and outgoing material. Arrange material in the warehouse as per KanBan bin requirements. Replenishes departments using Scanners and KanBan system.. Assists in company physical inventories and cycle counts. Required to cross-train in different warehouse areas such as receiving, shipping, production warehouse, sterilization, UPS/small package duties requiring the warehouse worker to work eight (8), ten (10) or twelve (12) hour shifts, including weekends. This person will support the warehouse supervisor and coordinators for the daily operations and overall performance.
1. Support all of production's needs as well as support groups for all their needs when it comes to delivering raw materials and supply items in a timely manner.
2. Verify quantities on production transfers, delivery record from departments and freight bill of lading, noting any damage or shortages.
3. On incoming raw materials or finished goods product, prepare pallets and pull packing slip or product transfer record. If no packing slip, prepare a substitute packing slip. Verify quantity, part number, P.O. number and vendor lot number against packing slip or product transfer record. Give packing slip to receiving coordinator or shipping coordinator.
4. On outgoing product, verify quantities, lot numbers and part numbers to be shipped, prepare pallets with slip-sheets, stretch wrap and load, calculating correct cube and weights.
5. Put released material away in the warehouse, or KanBan location, verifying material as per bar code, utilizing bar code scanners.
6. Prep materials as per KanBan, bin system.
7. Assist production where needed to help fulfill their jobs in supporting KanBan.
8. Assist in all paperwork and adding spores to product going to be sterilized.
9. Must have ability to safely operate pallet jacks, stretch wrappers, scales, cranes, bar code/scanner equipment, dock levelers/dock restraints, wheel chocks, etc. under prescribed regulations.
10. Responsible for cycle counts, physical inventories of raw materials and finished goods or as required.
11. Maintains work area in neat and orderly condition.
12. Follow all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
13. Follow all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
* Good communication, math and computer skills required.
* Must have good work and attendance record.
* Must be able to become licensed to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment.
* Will be required to be DOT and Hazmat certified.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA UT - Sandy