Sr. Scientist I, R&D
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
Job Grade: JG1-H07
PCP Level: 3
* $5000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. *
Shift: 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. / rotating nights (D shift)
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Needle Assembly Set-up Operators will be responsible for production on their designated lines as well as maintaining machine runtime and performing some mechanical repairs. They may be trained on any of the processes or lines in the department to help fill production needs, but will have an assigned focus area to build expertise. They may perform visual inspections as well as assembly or packaging operations. Will be responsible for achieving production rate and quality goals on assigned equipment. May require the use of 10x microscopes, calipers, and/or other miscellaneous gauges. May be required to perform SAP data entries. Perform changeovers and line clearances. Help maintain inventory of spare parts and prepare for upcoming work on the lines. Must be willing to troubleshoot machines and help identify methods to increase efficiency of the lines. Informal leader of their respective line and responsible for ensuring quality of the product they produce.
* Achieving established production goals
* Ensuring the quality of all product produced
* Performing quality checks as designated Ability to function as part of a team
* Perform changeovers and line clearances
* Ensure assigned equipment is maintained and in working order
* Processing SAP and MES transactions for department
* Assisting in the BDA process to identify root causes
* Perform duties in accordance with GMP principles
* Maintain compliance with all required document training
* Operate safely each day including usage of proper PPE Other duties as assigned
* Operate lines in a safe and efficient manner
* Submit at least the minimum number of required Kaizens annually
* Drive department results by reducing downtime and completing tasks in an efficient manner
* Maximize efficient time usage in the department
* Continuous learning of the processes and mechanics of the lines
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Must have High School Diploma/GED
* None required; Prefer a working knowledge of machines and troubleshooting.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities (KSA's):
* Problem solving/decision making.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office.)
* Oral and written communication skills.
* Regular, punctual attendance required.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD's Workplace Accommodations policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
* $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
* Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
* Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
* Competitive pay
* Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
* Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
* Adoption assistance
* 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
* Basic life and AD&D provided
* Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
* Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE - Columbus (West)