In-House Clinical Research Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
* As part of BD Integrated Diagnostic Systems - Emerging Specimens Management business line, staff engineer in this role will have a unique opportunity to drive the development of next generation medical devices used in Point of Care (PoC) blood sample management as well as product engineering of Arterial Blood Gas product portfolio. Responsible for providing product and technology development support by playing critical role in developing / integrating / analyzing / testing / and fixing medical device components and systems relating to collection, preservation, manipulation and analysis of biological samples including human blood samples.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Works under general direction to guide design and development of advanced biomedical solutions that are needed to meet critical objectives relating to the existing and new medical device products.
* Chips in to the development and implementation of R&D strategies through evaluation of new business opportunities, technologies and possible acquisition targets.
* Drives creative, logic and risk-based approaches to resolve technical challenges and tradeoffs under business constrains including significant capacity for critical thinking and analysis.
* Independently resolves and develops technical solutions to sophisticated problems using sound engineering principles and design of experiments (DOE) while utilizing experimental, computational and/or analytical methods.
* Leads design and fabrication of functional prototypes and test beds including development of robust test methods based on measurement system analysis.
* Plan and performs hands-on benchtop studies, design verification, troubleshooting and/or root-cause-analysis in order to evaluate product performance & improvements
* Performs data analysis using statistical tools, generate reports and present recommendations to peers and business leaders.
* Supports material, design and/or process changes to existing products by following design control process and generating well-documented research and analyses records.
* Demonstrate strong drive for results and clear accountability for successful and accurate completion of designated tasks and projects.
* Proven capability to lead R&D product development projects.
* Ensures compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
Education and Experience
* BS with minimum of 6 years MS with 4 or PhD with 2 years of related medical device experience in a Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical or other related fields.
* We prefer advanced technology PHD candidate from the Diagnostic Industry.
Strength in scientific and engineering fundamentals based on first-principles understanding including reasoning and systematic problem solving skills as well as discernment and learning agility are crucial requirements for this role!
* Advanced skill in statistical methods including DoE and data interpretation using software such as Minitab
* Skillful proficiency in development and fashioning of functional biomedical and prototypes
* Proficiency in solid CAD modeling (Pro/E, SolidWorks or equivalent) and design for manufacturability including injection molded and related systems and assemblies.
* Experience in phase-gate product development and new concept/solution business proposals
* Experience in test method development (fixture design and hands-on testing) including Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
* Design for Six Sigma knowledge and experience is a strong advantage
* Proficiency with any of FEA and/or CFD modeling software is a plus
* Ability to optimally and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life's purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes