Associate Territory Manager - Los Angeles
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Summary
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most exciting global health issues.
About the role:
* Responsible for providing on-site preventive maintenance support to BD customers.
* Provide service support on instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested and according to qualification, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
* Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs
* Accurately maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data
* Complete service documentation, as the need arises, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager
* Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
* Maintain expense levels within the established Travel & Expense guidelines
* Report quality control and other technical problems within District Service Manager's expectations
* Work with other departments and managers to resolve customer problems and issues.
* Accountable for providing support to customers that meet BD standards of outstanding quality service at all times.
* Accountable for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle, trunk stock of spare, and repair parts
* As a representative of BD, promote and maintain good customer relations, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment.
Education and experience required:
* High School Diploma/GED is required.
* Associate Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is desired.
* Experience with medical devices and equipment PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is a plus.
* Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
* Effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
* PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly preferred.
* A technical degree or related certification
* Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
* Ability to travel 90% of the time - with 70% overnight
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting environment. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
US BD 1st Shift 830am-5pm (United States of America)