Senior Venture Architect - BCG Digital Ventures
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world's most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Venture Architects at BCGDV
Our venture architects are world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists, and designers. They carry the tall order of defining the field of opportunity and scope of our ventures and must wear many hats to develop the marketing, pricing, and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and businesses. As project leaders, they manage ventures from beginning to end, and may even transition to running these new businesses in the market.
In this role you will:
* Demonstrate leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
* Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry
* Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
* Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
* Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
* Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
* Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
* Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
* Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
* Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
* Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
* Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
* Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
* Identify required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
* Business Development and IP Creation (outside of Venture work)
* Create intellectual property, points of view and industry/ topic platforms
* Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
You should have:
* 5-7 years of experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling (preferred)
* Design or product development expertise
* Background in product prototyping and testing
* Bachelor's degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
* Master's degree (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent study)
* Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.