Apprentice Device Repair Technician - Chico, CA
Employment Type: Part-Time
Batteries Plus Bulbs in Chico, California is hiring Customer Service/Repair Technicians at the store. The ideal candidates will be comfortable with small electronic device repair, exhibit retail sales skills, possess excellent customer service and relationship building skills, demonstrate a basic understanding of electronics, and possess an ability to communicate with management.
This position offers the ability to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new opportunity with Batteries Plus Bulbs. Learn sales and technical skills. Incentive pay available. Full and part time available.
In addition to the repair technician responsibilities, the successful candidates will also be a team member responsible for selling all of the products associated with the Batteries Plus Bulbs operation.
Device Repair Technician Duties:
* Repair cell phones, tablets, and other devices as needed (training provided.)
* Receive, pack and ship these devices
* Maintain proper inventory
Retail Sales Associate - Customer Service Duties:
* Greet customers promptly, determine needs and answer questions.
* Assist retail and commercial customers in the purchase of batteries and light bulbs. (training provided)
* Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers.
* Replace batteries in vehicles, watches, key fobs, cell phones, and more. (training provided)
* Answer phones, assist callers, and ensure messages are relayed in a timely, accurate manner.
* Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products.
* Maintain proper inventory by stocking and facing shelves.
* Add-on and upsell product.
* Maintaining store appearance and cleanliness
* Develop and maintain current knowledge of product and service offerings
* Adhere to general and specific safety standards
* Engage as a 'can-do' team member. Proactively follow through on commitments and/or tasks needing to be performed.
* H.S. diploma/equivalent plus 3-6+ months of customer service experience preferred.
* Demonstrated technical aptitude. Able to quickly pick up on new processes and technologies
* Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to effectively manage and track multiple commitments; effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills; strong customer service focus; ability to inform, teach, and train.
* Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and algebraic expressions and read gauges.
* Working conditions are typical for a retail environment.
* This position requires the employee to regularly use hands to handle or touch electronic products. The position also requires the employee to regularly use a computer and other office equipment, as well as tools.
* This position requires lifting 10-20lbs on a regular and frequent basis, 50lbs on an occasional basis, and more than 50lbs on an infrequent basis.
Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise of its kind, offering a comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products and services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and businesses alike. With almost 682 locations in 46 states and Puerto Rico, and access to over 45,000 unique battery and light bulb products, Batteries Plus Bulbs has become the single source supplier for all battery and light bulb power needs. In 2010 Batteries Plus was named on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest-growing private companies. Step up your career and join with a proven leader.