Molding Lines Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position title: Operator III, Production (Molding Lines)
Reporting to: Lead, Production
Location: American Canyon, CA
Barry Callebaut is a global organization poised for growth; a company which has embraced the vision to delight its customers, while out-performing its competitors, a business which is committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA, is a leader in complex manufacturing and supply chain solutions and is focused on being a best-in-class employer. Barry Callebaut seeks diverse and passionate people who thrive in a dynamic environment, focused on continuous learning, living BC's Values and of course loving chocolate.
About the role:
Check the cleanliness and proper functioning of your equipment, placing the parameters in equipment according to specifications and procedures for the preparation of chocolate
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure the cleaning and optimum condition of the equipment before and / or during production. Otherwise, notify the Shift Leader.
* Ensure that there are no differences between the material used and that requested to produce.
* Elaborate products according to specification and procedures.
* Perform tempering test using the chocometer and record results.
* Know the quality standards of the different products.
* Know the operation of each depositor
* Monitor the weight of finished product required by each product and register it.
* Take product samples for laboratory and record them.
* Perform the cleaning of the screen and magnets and record them.
* Always have your complete cleaning kit, in good condition and in your assigned area.
* Move product to the warehouse with pallet jack
* Follow priorities set up by the Leader.
* Use of rework melter.
* Notify the leader in charge of any anomaly that is outside the procedure.
* Turn off equipment when they are not in operation.
* Respect the safety rules and take care of yourself and your colleagues respecting and following the safety procedures in force in the company.
* Report unsafe acts and conditions.
* Participate of mandatory trainings.
* Commit to fulfill the expectations of quality and service of the clients, as well as the current regulatory compliance applicable to the food industry.
* Responsible for reporting any situation of potential or real danger to your superior and the Quality department.
* Keep the area, tools and equipment in your care clean and tidy.
* Clean floors and hallways in your area and support other areas when required.
* Firmly follow the GMP's.
* High school diploma or equivalency.
* Minimum 3 year of production manufacturing experience.
* Experience driving forklift is a plus.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Ability to operate material handling equipment.
* Good organization, math, written and oral communication, detail orientated, interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated, must work autonomously with a minimum of supervision.
* Must be able to adhere to all GMP and food safety rules.
* Detail & results oriented.
* Ability to lift at least 25 Kg (50 Lbs.)
* Available for overtime when required.
* Available to work on the weekends.
* Teamwork: Cooperation, being assisted, participating in group activities.
* Initiative / Proactivity: Do more than expected in its position, carrying ideas for improvement and actively participate in its implementation.
* Customer orientation: Focus our efforts on meeting our clients' needs.
* Respect: Respect our colleagues and the company.
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
* Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, and vacation time
* 12 paid holidays PLUS your birthday off!
* Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about chocolate
* The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.
Nearest Major Market: Napa
Job Segment: Engineer, Warehouse, Law, Equipment Operator, Food Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal, Quality