Clinical Laboratory Assistant I - Payroll
Employment Type: Full-Time
BH Job # 21771
Natera is currently seeking a Clinical Laboratory Associate I (Temporary) to analyze laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures while maintaining equipment and instruments in good operating condition by troubleshooting malfunctions as needed.
* Assists in testing of patient samples according to standard operating procedure in an efficient manner with little to no errors
* Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
* Follows GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain cleans and organized work space
* Completes training and other deadlines on time.
* Recognizes and escalates equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots common errors on the lab floor
* Recognizes, documents, and escalates protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
* Communicates with team and other departments (including via e-mail)
* Provides feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor
* Assists teammates in completing daily tasks
* Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner
* Adheres to departmental expectations
* This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
* Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
* Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* BS/BA (or equivalent) in a biological science or similar field of study
* 0-2 years of industry-related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and pipetting skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Word processing and data management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Duties typically performed in BSL-2 lab setting
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Duties may require working various shifts, weekends, and/or overtime