CLAMP OPERATOR - 2nd shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
BBSI in partnership with a large food distributor is looking for 2nd and 3rd shift Clamp forklift operators
2nd Shift hours: 2pm-10:30pm (Must be able to work OT and Weekends
3rd Shift - 10pm-6am M-F (Must be able to work OT and Weekends)
Pay 17-17.75 depending on shift
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the Sitdown and Clamp forklift
Please contact Veronica Sanchez at 909-969-3639 to start the application process
* Loading and unloading of freight with the use of a forklift. Additional general warehouse duties may apply, including general labor, and warehouse maintenance. Know the proper receiving/shipping process for all accounts. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
* Receive cargo from incoming trucks by removing from truck by using a forklift.
* Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received, knowing when to either refuse or accept with notation.
* Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
* Verify that proper documentation is attached.
* Sort cargo received by account or intended location, and store in proper location.
* Accurately label freight to destination.
* Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
* Prepare product for shipping.
* Load trailers according to loading documents.
* Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
* Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Essential Requirements
* Skilled in operating the sitdown clamp forklift
* Minimum 6 months driving experience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
* Forklift Driver Certification optional
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
* Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
* Ability to operate a forklift, hand truck, and pallet jack.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
* Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
* Read, comprehend, and complete basic checklists, forms, or other related documents.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Balances team and individual responsibilities.
* Consistently at work and on time.