Sr Service Officer - 40 hours San Dimas
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides coaching and direction to front line customer service staff. Assists with accurately processing deposits, transfers, withdraws and other transactions and provides superior customer service.
Essential Job Functions
* Assists the Branch Manager in the branch and is Officer-in-Charge in Branch Manager's absence
* Works with Branch Manager to achieve customer service targets
* Performs all customer transactions including sales transactions.
* Has signing authority, overrides, post NFS/pd OD reports, accepts items for collection, end of day CSR activities, Monthly GL Certifications, Certifications and Vault Duties
* Coordinates lobby and line management strategies.
* Performs all customer transactions including less complex sales transactions.
* Supports the selection, hiring and training of Service Bankers
* Creates and achieves sales referral and service goals for self and Service Banker team members
Other Job Duties
* Provides guidance to Service Banker team for cross sell opportunities and portfolio management
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Role is transitioning in 2022 to include the following expanded job functions:
* Responsible for a broad range of complex activities in the branch that may include transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
* Adapts to the needs of the branch and focuses on any promotional activities and enhances customer experience.
* Provides input to Branch Manager regarding human resources activities related to staff, including assisting in the selection, hiring, and providing input for annual performance targets and evaluation feedback. Assists in coaching and skill development to include bank products, sales and service.
* Follows all operating policies and procedures. Supports Branch Manager in assisting branch staff to meet all regulatory compliance standards.
* May direct product based or skills huddles or sales meetings, and provide input to the Branch Manager on lobby and line management strategies.
* High School Diploma or GED Required
* P2 - 3 yrs Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
* Excellent customer service skills that include good verbal and written communication
* Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork
* Problem Solving skills
* MCCRM, Touchpoint Teller and Systems Traning and new account opening
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.