Sr Lead Government Banking Relationship Mgr
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing existing government relationships in addition to developing, sourcing and securing new profitable banking relationships within Government Banking. Primary focus is on public sector customers in Southern California.
Essential Job Functions
1. Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current public sector customers.
2. Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank for Government Banking.
3. Manages existing portfolio and stays informed of developing trends in the public sector market.
4. Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth, and new business development, and will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecard.
5. Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties
* Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth, and new business development, and will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecard.
* Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* May have deep knowledge of project management.
* Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
* Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
* Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
* High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.