Sr Financial Analyst - Consumer Banking
Employment Type: Full-Time
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Small Business Banking, Personal Finance, and Wealth Management.
Integral position responsible for providing management reporting and analysis to key stakeholders within the bank with a focus on Consumer Banking. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy. Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making. A successful candidate in this position will bring creativity and insight to executive level presentations. The candidate will provide direct support to the group SVP as it pertains to the following:
Essential Job Functions
* Provide formal linkage between Corporate Finance, Shared Services Support Functions and Consumer Banking business leaders
* Management reporting to key business units and finance leaders. Ensure meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity, accuracy, and efficiency
* Drive the review of monthly results, comparing forecast, budget, and prior period results. Identify and research anomalies and trends in data that require investigation. Formal tracking of one-off items.
* Full ownership of planning and reporting models, including efficiency enhancements as well as proactive creation/update of reporting for additional clarity
* Provide strategic insight and analysis of the Consumer Banking performance, including the performance of individual sub-groups, communicating potential issues with proposed solutions and alternatives
* Lead preparation, review, and presentation of product annual budget, quarterly forecasts and intra-month outlook to business and finance leaders
* Work with business owners to understand their Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and to incorporate those drivers into the profitability analysis for the Division
* Ensure completeness and accuracy of any required group-to-group budget transfers
* Partner with accounting team to ensure completeness and accuracy of accrual entries and management accounting adjustments for Consumer Banking
* Manage any alternate reporting hierarchies and required reconciliations
* Assist with modeling, integration, and tracking of new initiatives and/or business cases
* Full ownership of ad-hoc projects or analysis with a focus on end-to-end development and expectation of rapid response to executives
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionaly with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Perform other duties as assigned
Other Job Duties
* Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
* Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
* May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
* May have broad knowledge of project management.
* Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
* Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
* Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
* Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
* Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
* Time Management and organizational leadership skills
* Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
* Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
* Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
* Strong professional communication and presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.