Loan Documentation Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bank of Marin, voted by our employees as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the North Bay Business Journal fourteen years in a row, is looking for a Loan Documentation Associate to join our Loan Documentation team at either our Petaluma Marina office or our Rancho Cordova office.
In a team-oriented environment, the Loan Documentation Associate supports the loan documentation function of the Bank by preparing loan documents for, all consumer loans, and small business loans, ensuring that all bank policies, procedures and compliance regulations are adhered to; meet customer, officer and department standards and expectations for accuracy and efficiency.
* Thoroughly review incoming documentation requests for completeness while determining appropriate documentation required for all consumer loans and small business loans. Set-up or update existing Customer Information on FIS System.
* Prepare loan documentation for all consumer loans and small business loans using Laser Pro system.
* Complete documentation checklists; e-mail loan documents; and submit package to loan operations for follow-up.
* Review loans to determine if HMDA applies and coded appropriately.
* Review CRA worksheet for accuracy.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
* Ability to understand and interpret a variety of documents to ensure accuracy in documentation.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in team setting.
* Ability to interact with all levels of management, employees and peers.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability understand lending regulations (i.e. Truth in Lending, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, CRA, Reg. O and Flood Insurance).
* Ability to understand and use Laser Pro, MS Word, Excel, and FIS.
Professional / Educational Experience:
* Minimum 1 year experience in Loan Operations Boarding; or minimum of 3 years in banking operations.
* Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training.
The Bank of Marin is a growing public company with career advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans, tuition reimbursement, and an employee volunteer program. Bank of Marin is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability