Employment Type: Full-Time
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes 'Great Things Happen!'™
CAN CONSIDER AS A WORK FROM HOME POSITION.
Under direction, the Virtual Banker is responsible for engaging with customers and prospects through a variety of support technologies including video banking software and appointment scheduling. This position is responsible for providing an exceptional virtual customer experience by assessing customer needs and providing customers with a convenient way to manage their accounts and meet their financial needs. Utilizing a needs-based selling approach, the Virtual Banker will provide solutions based on customer needs and how the customer prefers to conduct their banking. In addition, this position is responsible for referrals to other lines of business to meet customer financial needs. The Virtual Banker works with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly strives to improve the profitability of the banking center.
* Offers financial products and services to both consumer and small business customers via video banking software, including, but not limited to:
* Checking and Savings Accounts
* Consumer Loans
* Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit
* Credit Cards
* Certificates of Deposit
* Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
* Deposit only business relationship customers with non-lending needs
* Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal (as determined by individual bank).
* Applies sales skills such as: effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, expanding and deepening customer relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up. Follows up with prospects and current customers to promote new products and services and/or thanking customers for existing business.
* Monitors the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality, increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
* Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
* Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
* Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and a conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
* Maintains a detailed knowledge of all current and upcoming digital and self-service options available to our customers including but not limited to online/mobile banking and associated features/functionality, ATM services, online account opening and lending options, and other virtual interactions channels (e.g. chat)
* Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
* Participates actively in banking center sales activities
* Adheres to guidelines outlined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
* Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* This job has no management responsibilities.
* GED required
* High School required
* Bachelors Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Finance preferred
* 3-5 years Experience in sales and/or customer service required
* Strong familiarity with computer software and programs and the ability to utilize multiple computer applications simultaneously required
* Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred
* Experience providing high quality customer service
* Professional and personable presentation skills with an ability to maintain a high level of energy during virtual interactions with customers
* High attention to detail
* Experience working in a team environment
* Aspires to encourage the expansion of digital engagement
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
* Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
* Must satisfy requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act Sec. 19
* This position may include some weekends and evenings
Scheduled Weekly Hours: