Global Leasing - Credit Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
* Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Responsible for helping clients achieve their overall strategy through the innovative use of various funding alternatives; possess and share with the client and other members of the client team expert knowledge of business finance and the products and services associated therewith. Interact regularly with clients in an effort to proactively understand their goals, their current performance, and their needs. The Leasing Credit Officer II uses this client knowledge to assess the appropriateness of existing solutions and to propose optimal financing alternatives or additional financing solutions. Directly accountable for managing credit quality and the approval process through their interaction with Risk Management Officers and Senior Management.
This position is posted as a Leasing Credit Officer II, but is flexible to be filled as a Leasing Credit Officer I position based on the skill set/experience of the candidate.
Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting; MBA preferred
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
5-7 years' experience in commercial banking or finance industry with significant credit experience.
* Experience in the analysis and structuring of complex transactions
* Strong credit and risk analysis skills
* Strong presentation, structuring and financial statement analysis skills
* Proven ability to analyze, interpret and negotiate third party documentation
* Proven ability to identify trends and emerging risks in underwriting and client selection
* Customer service focus
* Proven problem solving abilities
* Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills
* Proven organizational skills
* Results oriented, is able to accomplish objectives in a specified timeframe
* 10% Travel
* Location - Chicago
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: