Employment Type: Full-Time
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader, Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Newport Beach, California is seeking an Estimator II to join our team! If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
* Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for some CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents).
* Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
* Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
* Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
* Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
* Develops unit costs accurately.
* Performs technical/plan review when required.
* Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
* Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources.
* Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
* Becomes proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (On-Screen Takeoff, & Desiniti).
* Constantly strives to improve individual capabilities, performance and expand knowledge of construction technologies and techniques.
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends preconstructions /operations classroom training programs, participates in software training, seminars and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
* Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, with 3 or more years of preconstruction/estimating experience.
* Knowledgeable in some of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (e.g. On Screen Takeoff, Desiniti), word process, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms (e.g. Building Connected, Smartbidnet), database applications, job management systems (e.g. Constructware, Kahua) and company communication tools, such as email, internet and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
* Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry's assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at:Phone: (214) 468-4700Email: BBTalent@balfourbeattyus.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans.
If you want to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster, please choose your language: