Market Manager, Patron - San Francisco
Employment Type: Full-Time
Market Manager, Patron - San Francisco
United States of America
San Francisco, CA
GM State Manager
About the role
You will join a team of dynamic market managers across the country while being responsible for achieving the organization's strategic and commercial goals with a selection of our key on/off premise accounts and customers. You will have the tools and support to build strong relationships with key customers and distributors, develop customer strategies and business plans, create and sell-in compelling promotional programming, and ensure high quality organization and execution within a designated market. You will play a critical role in elevating the portfolio of Patrón brands in your designated market and accounts.
You are an integral part of the on and off premise team and strategy putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do to Win in the On/Off Premise.
You are familiar with on and off premise personnel and comfortable establishing relationships within various channels including restaurants, bars & night clubs.
You inspire customers and key decision makers to utilize Patrón products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES - WITH OUR CONSUMER AT THE HEART YOUR KEY FOCUS WILL BE:
* Ride with distributor sales representatives three times a week, providing the opportunity to represent the Patrón portfolio, train distributor sales people, observe market activity and evaluate distributor execution against our initiatives.
* Meet with key on- and off-premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships. Present Patrón brands, work toward achieving increased volumes and assist distributor in attaining our objectives.
* Be visible at the distributor office and meet with sales representatives and management to ensure pursuit of consistent objectives and strategies.
* Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
* Serve as the primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs, while providing support for all sales-related activities.
* Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
* Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams.
* Report quarterly progress on new account listings and menu programming.
* Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
* Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure effective communications with and/or between distributors and third-party agencies.
* Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor to include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
* Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
* Review programs and execution updates with distributor management.
* Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
* Complete special projects, such as verifying pricing and/or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
* Participate in out-of-market sales blitzes.
* Ensure that key markets have been visited during each two-month period.
* Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including general sales meetings and meetings with individual teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
SKILLS - THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO CREATE YOUR LEGACY
* You are a passionate and influential relationship manager that positions the consumer at the heart of all activities first in order to achieve results.
* You are an influential communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You will have opportunities to display excellent written and verbal communication skills while also being relaxed giving presentations in front of small groups of people including executives, Bacardi/ Patrón Primos, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of an organization.
* By living a Founder's mentality, you are well organized, an independent thinker, like to multitask and are confident in your ability to conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner consistent with our company values.
* You can analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
* You can effectively manage your time and prioritize goals and opportunities.
* You are computer proficient working in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and can use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
* You will ideally have 2-5 years of experience working in the Spirits and/or Beverage industry either at a distributor, behind the bar or in front of the house.
* Bachelor's degree required
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
* Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
* Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
* Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.