Sterilization Product Handler
Employment Type: Full-Time
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Manufacturing Lead, monitors material in order to maintain efficient flow of production. Ability to operate hand or power trucks and other material handling equipment.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
* Assists supervisor to ensure that production operators have sufficient stock of materials.
* Collects, checks and keeps records of materials flow to and from production area.
* Operate hand or power trucks and other material handling equipment to move materials throughout the unit.
* Change batteries on the material handling equipment.
* Verify/place correct sterilizer tags on pallets per procedure.
* Verify tag by clipping with letter punch the sterilizer tag once the pallet has been verified as having the correct amount of units and trays.
* Remove/place full pallet from/to scissor lift and place in designated area for pack out/sterilization after verification of quantity. Verify to ensure two sterilizer tags are attached.
* Perform necessary quality checks relative to this operation.
* Assist in the production operation as needed.
* Report quality deviations to Lead Person/Supervisor.
* Perform run changes and line clearances per procedure.
* Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
* Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
* Work in other areas as needed.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General:It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.'
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
* Assignments are routine and repetitious in nature. Work performed within narrowly defined parameters. Follows established procedures and guidelines.
* Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
* No problem solving skills required as job is routine and repetitive.
* Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and subordinates.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
* High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
* 0-04 years related experience required.
* Regular and predictable on-site attendance
* Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its 'Sharing Expertise®' initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
* Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
* Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Kneeling/Crawling, Sitting , Stooping/squatting
* Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
* Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Noise Intensity:Moderate
* Frequently:Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled