Employment Type: Full-Time
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Ensure all equipment assigned to Critical Systems is operated and maintained within safe operating and GMP parameters. This includes, but is not limited to: MECOs, CoGens, Boilers, Compressors, Compressed Air Dryers, Cooling Towers, and Chillers. These interconnected complex systems produce air, electric, steam, HWFI and CWFI generation, and Reverse Osmosis.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
* Repairs and controls BBraun facilities equipment and critical systems.
* Receives and creates work order requests for facility and critical systems related tasks.
* Ensures work is performed in a timely manner and prioritizes the most plant essential critical repairs and distribution of plant resources to each department uninterrupted.
* Inspects and performs preventative maintenance or unscheduled repairs on facilities or critical systems which may also include plant utility systems.
* Makes basic repairs and escalates/coordinates the work of BBraun Facilities Technicians or contractors/vendors when more complex repairs are needed.
* Schedules maintenance or repairs to minimize disruptions to organizational operations wherever possible.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
* Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of the technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of technical field principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a courses of action.
* Works under BBraun Management and Facilities Supervision and may periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of coworkers.
* May require limited judgement in resolving problems.
* Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
* High school diploma/G.E.D required, Associate's or technical degree preferred
* 06-08 years related experience required.
* Applicable industry/professional certification required.
* Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk or bend and twist. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its 'Sharing Expertise®' initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
* Occasionally: Sit
* Frequently: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
* Constantly: N/A
* Occasionally: Sitting
* Frequently: Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
* Constantly: N/A
* Occasionally: N/A
* Frequently: Proximity to moving parts, Other
* Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Noise Intensity: Moderate
* Occasionally: N/A
* Frequently: N/A
* Constantly: Production/manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled