Senior Underwriter, Commercial Management Solutions
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital - a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Under general direction of manager, this position is tasked to analyze, underwrite, quote, negotiate, bind and service Management Liability business, including D&O, EPLI, Fiduciary and Crime, for publicly traded and privately owned commercial companies as well as not-for profit entities, on an admitted and non-admitted basis. This position may exercise independent judgment in the processing of accounts and manage underwriting activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prospects new business targets and opportunities and develops strategies to procure new business, with particular emphasis on growing Private Company D&O, Fiduciary, Employment Practices book, in addition to Public D&O.
* Actively prospects new qualified Crime submissions for referral and account rounds Crime with existing book of business.
* Forms and develops new relationships as well as maintains and strengthens existing relationships with brokers operating within the Western Region.
* Manages personal book of business with regard to new lines, renewals, and cross-marketing of product lines within AXIS.
* Underwrites individual risks. Develops appropriate limit structure, retention, pricing and endorsements within authority. Gains approval on risks outside authority.
* Reviews accounts with Management on the team prior to gaining authority on risks.
* Meets established divisional servicing objectives related to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, renewal management, file maintenance, and documentation.
* Participates in development of regional strategy and assists in implementation of strategic measures.
* Perform required marketing calls through regular broker visits.
* Cross market between the product offerings within the department. Coordinate with branch marketing representatives and profit center representatives to allow for cross marketing.
* May participate in policy applications, renewals, repricings, restrictions and cancellations in determining risk acceptability & coverage for a particular product line.
* Participate on projects, other duties or similar related work as required.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
* Advanced technical expertise, underwriting skills and knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures. Experience should include ability to assess company financials, analyze stock metrics, manuscript forms and manage individual portfolios.
* Seeking a candidate with a minimum of 4-6 years' experience in underwriting all Commercial Management Solutions coverage lines
Other desired skills and characteristics:
* Excellent communication and marketing skills.
* Strong presentation and computer skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong broker contacts and relationships.
* Team player