Accountant - Commissions
Employment Type: Full-Time
Accountant - Commissions 9756 (H)
A leading professional networking and development company is seeking a Commissions Accountant. The successful candidate will primarily support the month-end close process for commission and royalty accounting. The ideal candidate has accounting/finance experience at a US-based multi-national company. The company offers a great work environment!
Accountant - Commissions Pay and Benefits:
* Hourly pay: $50-$60
* Worksite: Leading professional networking and development company (Sunnyvale, CA 94085, open to remote)
* W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
* 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment
Accountant - Commissions Responsibilities:
Support the month-end close process for commission accounting:
* Work with the FP&A and Sales Compensation teams on gathering inputs.
* Calculate the commission accrual journal entry.
* Calculate the deferred commission journal entry.
* Maintain Deferred Commission waterfall.
* Complete monthly reconciliation of Accrued Commissions and Deferred Commission balance sheet accounts.
* Support commission PBC requests for stat audits.
Support the month-end close process for royalties accounting:
* Work with the Royalties Team (Content Admin) and FP&A on obtaining information required for the royalty accounting activities.
* Run royalty reports in COSMO.
* Calculate royalty accrual.
* Calculate royalty advance Adjustments.
* Complete monthly reconciliation of Accrued Royalties and Author Royalty Advances balance sheet accounts.
Support other month-end close activities, which includes:
* Sales Club Accrual.
* Merchant Fee Adjustment
* Self-funding Insurance Accrual.
* Actively build and manage relationships with the international accounting, FP&A, and Global Sales Comp teams.
* Participate in other compliance & risk management initiatives the Company may engage.
* Support ad hoc reporting, analysis, and key projects.
Accountant - Commissions Qualifications:
* 3+ years of accounting/finance experience at a US-based multi-national company.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to work on large complexed spreadsheets.
* Work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks in an agile work environment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong documentation & communication skills.