Compensation: $107,300.00 - $159,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
APS has partnered with a local firm looking for an experienced Estimator with metal fabrication experience. The Estimator will work closely with all parties on a particular job and is a key role in the project management process. Duties of the
Job duties include:
- Actively seeking out fabrication projects
- Working with customers and determining the scope of the project which may include a pre-bid, walk thru and site visit
- Communicating with customers regarding the sell price, delivery dates, and any additional information being requested
- Reading/interpreting blueprints/plan sheets and quality requirements.
- Preparing detailed outlines of the project including materials required, processes, special finishes and labor needs
- Obtaining bids from material vendors and subcontractors
- 10+ years of shop fabrication experience
- Experience estimating from blue prints and ability to interpret drawings
- Candidate must have knowledge of welding, forming, metal fabrication and basic machining processes
- Previous experience in fabricating welded assemblies to AISC and AWS standards.
- Knowledge of steel, aluminum, and stainless
- Strong math skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.