Commercial Construction Superintendent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry's leading construction firms? Put your expertise and construction superintendent skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Commercial Construction Superintendent for projects in the Los Angeles, CA area. We set the standard for commercial construction and we are looking for talented construction professionals to join us. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a vested interest in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers' expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
Our superintendents provide overall direction and control of day-to-day field construction activities. This includes sequencing and coordination of the crafts in an efficient manner, allocation of manpower, materials, equipment utilization, overall management of the project safety plan, and overall construction quality.
* Oversee and leads the day-to-day field construction activities on assigned
* In charge of the overall safety at a Jobsite, including the implementation of the safety plans and
* Reviews record documents, submittals, shop drawings, and schedule to determine the nature and scope of the project, the materials to be utilized, manpower requirements (by craft) for each construction phase, equipment needs,
* Along with the project manager, plans the physical layout of the Jobsite to use effectively all available space; initiates startup activities, which include site security preparations, placement of office trailers, utility hookups,
* Designates areas for cranes and hoists, building materials storage, parking,
* Directs field engineers in the initial survey and layout of the
* Plans the daily and weekly activities for each craft, including detailed schedule forecasts, within the scope of the overall construction schedule.
* Along with the project manager, the superintendent establishes procedures for the ordering of self-performed building materials, supplies, and small tools from approved suppliers.
* Provides technical guidance and assistance in resolving day-to-day construction problems.
* Assists the project manager in evaluating schedule and cost
* Assists the project manager in the development of the manpower projection chart.
* Assists the project manager in the development of the equipment projection chart and monitors equipment use, maintenance, and cost throughout the project
* Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and codes relating to construction activities, including company policies and procedures dealing with employment, terminations, compensation, labor/management relations,
* Manages the scheduling of all governmental inspections of all work necessary to obtain a certificate of occupancy
* Assumes overall responsibility for the health and safety of employees, including designation of first aid areas, emergency treatment facilities, accompanying OSHA inspectors on job site visits, correcting observed safety hazards,
* Assumes a leadership role in the career planning and development of project staff, including merit increases, promotions, and decisions to promote hourly staff to salary, etc.
* Performs a variety of tasks associated with project completion, including close-out punch lists, demobilization, as-built documents,
* B.S. in Construction Management, Science or Engineering is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* The Superintendent must have a minimum of five years field experience on large commercial construction projects, including direct supervisory experience.
* Successful completion of OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training required (may obtain within first year of employment).
* Proficiency in reading plans and specifications.
* Ability to build and manage high-performing teams.
* Austin Commercial is proud of our customer service reputation and is looking for construction professionals with the same dedication.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin's Employee-Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin ('The Company') is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state, and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates' names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America's most respected and fastest-growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial's employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin's industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!#06022021