Employment Type: Full-Time
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed across the US with many of the nation's largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the clinician-patient interaction by allowing our clinicians to fully focus on patients. We provide remote, technology-enabled, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to clinicians. Our service saves users more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
About the Role:
Augmedix is looking for a motivated, collaborative corporate paralegal and contract administrator to
join our legal team. This individual will work in a variety of areas, including customer and vendor
contracting, corporate governance, and public company compliance and reporting. The position will
require experience with large private or public company governance, proficiency in contract
administration and document management, excellent project management skills, and the ability to
collaborate across multiple teams.
* Support various corporate governance matters, including assisting with and managing the updating and administration of company policies, committee meeting minutes, resolutions, and agendas.
* Work with the Head of Legal and Compliance to administer the company's insider trading program, including maintaining the closed window list, managing notifications, responding to questions, and coordinating 10b5-1 trading plans
* Research and analyze corporate governance items and track industry precedent and emerging trends
* Independently review template contracts within defined parameters and maintain and periodically update legal department template contracts
* Administer system to ensure contractual templates and other standard terms are kept current and available
* Obtain appropriate internal and external signatures for legal documents
* Serve as custodian of corporate records and upload legal documents into document management systems
* Manage inbound legal requests and respond to requests for information and documents from internal and external stakeholders
* Identify, design, and implement new processes and procedures to improve the group's efficiency, productivity, and communication
* Provide general support to legal and compliance departments and assist with special projects as needed, including research, organization, and project management
* Other responsibilities based on experience, abilities, and interest
* Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* 2-6+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company
* Experience with public company corporate governance
* Knowledge of contract concepts, and exposure to both supplier and customer contracts
* Understanding of practices and standards of contract administration
* Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
* Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
* Strong technical skill set; ability to work effectively with MS Office applications and adapt to new technologies quickly
* Experience with SaaS and healthcare companies preferred.