Reporter - Kcbs-am Newsroom
Employment Type: Full-Time
Audacy's KCBS All News Radio, The Bay Area's number one news station, is looking for an intrepid and tech-savvy broadcast journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic to join an elite news radio team. You must be a great writer, have a compelling on air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer - using a variety of sources - and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs. You will be expected to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced Newsroom or field environment. We are seeking a broadcast journalist who collaborates with editors and producers and pitches story and interview ideas. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the station website (KCBSradio.com). You must be dependable, self-motivated and agreeable to a flexible work schedule, which may include evenings, overnights and/or weekends. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and candidates must be able to take a detail oriented approach to work while meeting tight deadlines. This is not a job for a beginner. Experience in the San Francisco market is a plus. Anchoring experience is a plus, but not required.
What You'll Do:
* Report from the field or Newsroom over the course of multiple hours on KCBS
* Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs
* Interview news makers
* Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
* Use social media - including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
* Contribute content - including but not limited to audio, video and written format - to KCBSradio.com
* Develop and research potential news stories
* Protect the station's FCC license
* Other duties as required by management
Required & Preferred:
* An extensive background in radio news, with strong communication skills
* Background as a reporter and a strong writer
* Successful anchors demonstrate an ability to think on their feet, ask probing questions, and deal with high-pressure situations
* Curiosity and a natural rapport with people on all income and educational levels are important
* Must develop story ideas for coverage as well as take directions from the desk. Must have the ability to gather information quickly, conduct interviews and prepare stories for air
* Must be a team player.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country's best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America's #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Responsibilities What You'll Do: - Report from the field or Newsroom over the course of multiple hours on KCBS - Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs - Interview news makers - Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories - Use social media - including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content - Contribute content - including but not limited to audio, video and written format - to KCBSradio.com - Develop and research potential news stories - Protect the station's FCC license - Other duties as required by management