Operator I - Machine
Employment Type: Full-Time
Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
The ideal candidate will have a 1 year of manufacturing experience. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Notifies machine set-up/adjuster if more complex tool or machine adjustments are required. Operates computer console as needed. Uses simple measurement instruments to check work. Completion of necessary paperwork and maintaining clean and organized work area.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
* Must have the ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day.
* Must be capable of lifting, pulling or pushing at least 50 lbs.
* Must possess basic skills in order to maintain safe operation as required by particular job task.