Employment Type: Full-Time
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Dispatcher reports directly to the Operations Manager. The Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
Essential Job Functions:
* Create and maximize capacity by ensuring productive use of all assets, equipment and drivers.
* Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
* Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
* Prepare, update and dispense the daily route schedule.
* Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick-ups), route completions and driver locations.
* Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
* Courteously interact with customers, as required.
* Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
* Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
* High School Diploma or G.E.D
* 2 - 5 years' experience in a dispatching role.
* Bilingual (English / Spanish)
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Great organization and communication skills.
* Excellent customer conflict resolution abilities.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
* Waste Industry Experience.
* Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
* Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
* Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
* Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise continuously.
* Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
* Works inside only. Position considered office only.
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran