Graduate/Undergraduate Intern - Regulatory Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
People at Atara are high integrity, collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeve types who are deeply committed to putting patients first and advancing medical care with demonstrated urgency. With many accomplished people at Atara, we share transparency, respect, accountability, integrity, and trust in our approach to advance our therapies. We each enjoy in the journey of advancing cutting edge programs, while responsibly teaching and learning together along the way.
The Atara team takes on meaningful challenges, so each day is an adventure. We work hard and have some fun along the way. Whether on a task or enjoying an easy-going social connection with your colleagues, you'll be surrounded by others who share the same values and passion. You're signing on to more than a company; being at Atara is a commitment to excellence and service to patients.
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA with possibility for Flex Schedule (mix between on-site and remote)
Internship Type: Graduate OR Undergraduate Intern
Summer interns working in Regulatory Affairs will be assigned high visibility projects that align with Atara's key business objectives in a dynamic and exciting cell therapy start-up biotech environment. Projects may include but are not limited to supporting regulatory submissions for investigational and drug applications with the FDA and other foreign health authorities. Interns will have the ability to work cross-functionally, meet with key executives, and be coached by some of the best leaders in the industry. Interns will also be assigned a mentor, attend executive lunch and learns, attend great company culture events, and conclude their summer with an executive presentation of their project.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Must be in between 1st and 2nd year of their Master's Program for Graduate Intern OR 1st 2nd or 3rd year of Bachelor's Program for Undergraduate Intern.
* 3.0 GPA and above.
* Must have the ability to get work authorization.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite.
* Self-motivated, flexible and creative, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
* Must be a self-starter, collaborates cross-functionally, and can work independently with minimal functional oversight.
* Effective interpersonal skills as a team player.
* Able to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary.
* Role model for Atara's values of Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Trust.
* General understanding of biopharmaceutical development, clinical research, biologics manufacturing, cell therapy manufacturing, and project management.
More about Atara Bio
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company (Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer, autoimmune and viral diseases.
We're proud of our team of 550+ Atarians co-located by design in 4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility. Our mission - 'Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.'
Our vision - 'T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any time.'
Atara offers a competitive benefits packages that includes medical/dental/vision benefits, life and disability, retirement and stock program, as well as a generous paid time off and wellness plan that supports the well-being of our staff. Visit www.atarabio.com/careers to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws or because of the individual's association with a member of a protected group or connection to an organization or group related to a protected group.We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Atara Bio in the United States.