Employment Type: Full-Time
At AT&T were connecting the world with the coolest tech, communication, and entertainment. Our people are empowered and thrive in a culture of learning, diversity, and collaboration. Our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our innovation is driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. Ready to explore our opportunities?
About the Team
AT&T's Video IT & Digital Architecture team is looking for a Solution Architect who is passionate about designing customer-centric solutions and delivering business value in an agile ecosystem.
This role is part of the team that ensures good design practices, adoption of integration patterns, common message model and API domain architecture that promotes reuse, accelerates time to market and business value.
About the Job:
Solution Architects are accountable for shaping and delivering solutions to meet our business needs. They are seasoned experts, and big picture thinkers who play an integral role in owning the solution definition, gaining our stakeholder confidence, and helping our business to achieve rapid time to value.
As a Solution Architect, you will provide overall architectural leadership and expertise in the creation of technical solutions that address business needs of work efforts. Facilitate rapid solutioning through broad knowledge of available common services to define end-to-end architecture that promotes a clear and consistent business vision. Collaborate with supporting teams to devise and validate viable solutions. Collaborate with and serve as a consultant to key business stakeholders, account managers and project teams on proposed and alternative architectures to implement an efficient and cost-effective solution.
Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of relevant Solution Architecture experience. BS / BE in CS or engineering field. Master's degree and 10+ years relevant work experience preferred.
* Strong experience in OSS/BSS applications (CRM, Ordering, Billing and Product Catalog)
* Understanding of agile delivery principles, software development and quality engineering processes and practices
* Experience or strong understanding of DevOps processes and practices
* Ability to understand business requirements / NFRs and translate them into viable IT solutions
* Hands-on-experience designing, architecting and delivering complex solutions related to enterprise integration, APIs, service-oriented architecture, and technology modernizations
* Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to lead process mapping exercises
* Experience with technologies Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Swagger, CI/CD tools, YAML, Groovy, REST, SOAP, Python, Hibernate, SQL, PL/SQL, CQL, HTML, XML, XSLT, Batch, Shell script, HTML, Java Script, AngularJS, ReactJS and Node Js, Oracle, Cassandra, Redis, MySQL
* Experience with Public Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS) including security, compliance, and automation.
* Work closely with Product Managers, Key Business Stake holders, SMEs and developers to create new and/or improved high value solutions for business needs.
* Identify any gaps such as manual flows that can impact services, cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution, design, and implementation phases.
* Understand business needs and drive feature, function and architectural discussions. Persuade relevant stakeholders on the recommended architecture/approach.
* Provide leadership and drive projects from inception, through system/service release.
* Create technical documentation, specifications, reports, diagrams, prototypes and provide solution demonstrations as needed.
* Create target state architecture using well architected principles of security, scalability, resiliency, and performance. Articulate target state architectures, roadmap and solutions to technical/non-technical stakeholders.
* Drive research and standardization of platform components that can make up the building blocks from which we will build applications and services. Ensure applications and services are leveraging building blocks whenever possible.
* Solve complex performance issues, create massive distributed systems and integrated solutions in hybrid cloud environment.
* Work with multiple service providers to create solution in agile environment.
* Evaluate COTS products, conduct POC and provide recommendations.
AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T's U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T's U.S. video unit. For more information, please click here.
Job ID 2111016-1 Date posted 06/17/2021