Principal Intellectual Property
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for providing advice and recommendations for patent, trademark, brand, copyright, technology, proprietary information, knowhow and other intellectual property matters in order to obtain patentability of inventions and protection of other intellectual property assets, identifying intellectual property licensing/sales opportunities, markets, and determining the feasibility of product development.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develop strong patent families in existing and emerging technologies through brainstorming sessions and by working closely with individual inventors.
* Identify and understand key technologies in the industry so as to lead patent teams of inventors, subject matter experts, in-house and external attorneys in the development of these patent portfolios.
* Develop and track patent strategies around key trends in industry technologies, market demand and the companys corporate strategies.
* Conduct research in order to prepare analysis of patents with relation to infringement and validity.
* Create strategic plan for patent portfolio.
* Research and manage data in regards to competitive patent landscape and all survey documentation.
* Prepare, file, and process patent applications in order to protect companys inventions.
* Serve as the subject matter expert and acts as the coordinator of the Patent Management Committee by providing any technical clarification or understanding of inventions to be submitted for review.
* Provide and maintain tracking and metrics to identify successful portfolio structure.
* Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of market trends and financial situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
* Broad range of technology knowledge expertise, with emphasis on current and tomorrow's wireless technologies.
* Ability to conduct detailed research and predict future technology directions for 5G and beyond and file visionary patents years ahead of their industry adoption.
* Ability to identify and understand key wireless technologies in the industry to lead technical teams of inventors, subject matter experts, in-house/external attorneys and patent licensing managers to grow the AT&T wireless patent portfolio.
* Ability to position AT&T strategically in its participation in 5G industry standards bodies.
* Advanced competitive analysis skills to identify customers in need of licensing strategic patent portfolios and preparing technology charts.
* Subject matter expertise in intellectual property and patent prosecution life-cycles.
Education: Generally a bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Typically 5 or more years of experience in Intellectual Property Management, Licensing or related field.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2156511-4 Date posted 10/04/2021 Apply Now