Radio Hardware - Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We are have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply to be a part of our mission to connect the world!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems - we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
* This posting covers working with the payload, avionics, and power systems teams at Astranis
* Work on a hardware engineering team to build and test flight hardware
* Design test equipment to validate designs across a wide range of stressed conditions
* Bringup and debug designs in the lab
* Write code to help evaluate performance and automate testing of satellite hardware
* Coordinate assembly, integration and environmental test efforts
* Currently pursuing a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical or computer engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
* A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
* Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
* US Citizenship or Green Card
* Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
* Experience with Altium Designer (or other PCB design software)
* Experience with SPICE-based simulators (LTSpice, PSPICE, ADS, etc)
* Experience with Python
* Comfortable with soldering and rework
* Familiarity with standard EE lab bench (power supply, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc)
Availabilities for Spring and Summer 2022.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.