Theater Consulting Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Contributing to the planning and execution of performing arts projects from the outset and through all project stages.
- Providing support of design, specification and non-licensed engineering services for the design components of performing arts projects including lighting, performance sound, video and communications and performance machinery and rigging
- Participating in the design and specification of theatre equipment and help plan the building from the perspective of venue operations and production
- Drafting architectural lighting specifications and drawings
- Developing and managing specifications, narratives, programs, documentation for performance equipment bid
- Contributing to the development of venue equipment and construction budgets
- Contributing to compliance with relevant codes and standards
- Reviewing documents incorporating theatre equipment for technical compliance with program and specifications
- Contributing to the integration of theatre equipment in the design of performing arts buildings
- Undertaking theatre equipment commissioning tasks under supervision of the project manager
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in Architecture, engineering, or technical theatre
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Experience in one or a combination of the following skills: theatre planning and programming, theatre equipment design for performing arts buildings, performance lighting and systems design, performance rigging and stage machinery systems design, theatre performance sound, video and communications system design
- Experience in theatre, theatre consulting, production management or technical theatre
- Proven ability in technical document preparation and presentation
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Currently pursuing Master's degree in Architecture, engineering or technical theatre
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Experience in Revit, Rhino, Radiance, Vectorworks or WYSIWYG will be an advantage
- Experience in theatre, theatre consulting, production management, technical design or technical theatre
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator or Creative Works
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com .