Graduate Geospatial Analyst
Employment Type: Part-Time
START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Create and maintain GIS databases to store project data
- Advise on data management and interoperability approaches and best practices, and deploy and maintain solutions on projects
- Develop analytical solutions to support Planning and Infrastructure projects
- Work with internal technical and domain experts to design and implement geospatial solutions
- Work with project teams to understand requirements and design solutions to support project delivery
- Recommend integrated data dissemination and visualization solutions
- Advise on data collection approaches and best practices
- Provide geospatial support on projects across the Americas
- Advise on geospatial best practices
- Presentation and documentation of solutions to non-technical audiences
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in GIS or a related field
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Expertise in desktop GIS software such as ArcGIS Pro or QGIS
- Interest in data management and interoperability best practices
- Experience of working independently and with teams
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be eager to learn, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Experience of working with enterprise GIS solutions (ArcGIS Enterprise or open-source solutions)
- Experience of web-based GIS (ArcGIS Online, HTML, CSS, Leaflet, PostGIS)
- Cartographic or 3D visualization experience
- Experience and interest in applying spatial solutions to complex engineering problems
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
FLEXIBLE WORKING - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .