Graduate Civil Water Engineer
Employment Type: Part-Time
START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop sustainable engineering solutions for water, including green infrastructure, water treatment, water reuse, master planning, utility impacts, resilience planning and sustainability assessments on a variety of exciting site development and civil infrastructure projects.
- MicroStation and AutoCAD software to layout drainage systems and utility systems as well as grading designs
- 1-D and 2-D hydrologic and hydraulic modelling for flood risk assessments, stormwater design, and sanitary and potable water systems. Software may include programs such as InfoWorks ICM, PCSWMM, HEC-HMS/HEC-RAS, Storm and Sanitary Analysis, EPANet, InfoWater and others.
- Applicable codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
- Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable and resilient outcomes
- Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
- Regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
- Interact with our clients to address their needs and concerns
- Big-picture awareness that permeates every skill area in Arup
- Prepare reports, calculations, plans, drawing and specifications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil/Environmental or Water Resources Engineering
- Ability to take the FE exam, or have passed the FE exam
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Familiarity with engineering software and technical writing
- Sound knowledge of core water resource engineering and civil engineering fundamentals
- Evidence of past engineering internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Master's Degree in Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering
- Proficient with civil/water engineering design and analysis tools to include fluency in 3D CAD, GIS, BIM or similar software
- Proficient with Hydraulic & Hydrologic tools
- Coursework or familiarity with sustainable design principals, and/or resilient design
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day,
- NYC Green Infrastructure
- NYCT Flood Resiliency
- Hunters Point South
- Chicago MWRD
- Silicon Valley Clean Water
- Lake Mead Intake No. 3
FLEXIBLE WORKING - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.