Senior Operational Readiness Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Arup is a global advisory services firm with 16,000 employees. We use strategic foresight and technical insight to enhance the performance of businesses through their people and their assets; helping solve complex challenges to shape a better human and built environment. Our aims and values are intrinsically linked: to produce quality work, to provide total and integrated advice, to be a humane organization, to be straight and honorable in all our dealings, to provide a social usefulness and to provide reasonable prosperity for our members.
Our advisory business is hugely renowned globally, with our UK team recently winning the Consulting Excellence Firm of the Year, the People Project of the Year, Social & Environmental Value awards and the Management Consultancy Awards. Our work is incredibly diverse - from opening some of the world's largest airports to helping guide European Union safety legislation using cutting edge psychology.
What We Do
Operations Consulting is under our Advisory Services practice and is a multi-disciplinary team bringing together specialist skills in people, processes and assets to deliver excellence to our clients and transform their businesses. We are continuing to grow and develop our Ops Consulting's Operational Readiness, Activation and Transition (ORAT) offering and operate in a range of markets including Aviation, Transport and Property. The global team includes a breadth of expertise covering business psychologists, human factors experts, logistics and operational design experts, transport operations specialists, asset management and business process professionals, change management practitioners and industry sector experts. We use our professional relationships and networks to provide advice at a national and international level, to earn positions of influence for positive change in economic prosperity for the US and beyond. We work collaboratively across Advisory and the wider business to integrate expertise and achieve the best outcomes for our clients.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Operational Readiness Consultant to be based on the West Coast in our Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle offices. You'll be working on a wide range of projects, as well as helping us grow and pursuing new client work.
In this role you will:
* Provide leadership to the Ops Consulting team as we expand and develop ORAT across the region with a focus on pursuing and developing near-term local opportunities in different industries including Aviation
* Support the existing ORAT skills network by providing additional capacity and diverse experience
* Develop methodologies based on Arup project experience and your own
* Support the development of a robust ORAT service capability with collaboration from the Regional ORAT Lead
* Develop ongoing relationships with clients to provide core Operational advisory services
* Contribute to ORAT specific and wider business development, including identifying opportunities within existing client relationships, and developing compelling & winning proposals and pitch documents
Required Skills and Experience
* 10+ years operational / consulting experience (US desirable)
* Bachelor's Degree
* ORAT & Aviation Industry expertise
* Project management experience
* Experience in winning work and growing a business
A professional licence is also preferred (PMP, PE)
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.