Senior Liability Claims Adjuster
Employment Type: Full-Time
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
We're looking for Claims Adjusters experienced in Liability Claims to join our team! This job will primarily work remotely/virtually, but candidates must live in Northern California as there may be a need to commute to one of our offices.
As a member of an experienced Claims Adjuster team, you will investigate, evaluate, and resolve commercial liability claims with moderate supervision, engaging your analytical skills to make decisions and bring claims to resolution. You will do significant work in partnership with our clients. Take responsibility to make better decisions, earlier in the life of every claim. Identify and deliver the right resources, at the right time and in the right place. Think critically, solve problems, plan and prioritize activities. Serve clients, effectively communicate and embrace new challenges to drive your success.
How will you affect the business?
* Exercise accurate discernment and decision-making to analyze claims exposure, to plan the proper course of action and to appropriately resolve the claim.
* Interact extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
* Handle claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and standard methodologies in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
* Document and communicate claim activity timely and efficiently and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of 5 years related claims experience required
* Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled
* Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices
* Computer experience with related claims and business software
* Bachelor's Degree
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Apply online to be considered
* 18 years of age or older
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.